Re: FC6 to F7 problem

William Murray wrote:

>       I am trying to update FC6 to F7 on an old i386 box. 1GHz, 256Meg.
> Anyway, the F6  are not found if I use the F7 upgrade disk. It whirs
> and offers to install a new system, no upgrade option.
>    SO I would like to  do a yum upgrade. But I found Dave Jones' piece:
>  http://kernelslacker.livejournal.com/72836.html
> saying don't risk it.
>   Before I saw that I had tried - but it did not work - unsatisfied
> dependencies, e.g. gaim needs old python, and yum did not seem to be
> swapping gaim for pigeon. This is just one example of many.

I can't help, but I've noticed that F7 is really bad
at finding FC6 versions.
In my case, it did find them but specified random partitions,
eg /dev/sda4, which did not correspond to anything.

By the way, did you change /etc/fstab to use labels
rather than eg /dev/hda3?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366