Re: F7: unable to upgrade from FC6 (weird hdaX errors)

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Rahul Sundaram writes:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f7/en_US/sn-Installer.html#id3152635

The GRUB instructions are broken. The correct grub parameter syntax is really:

root=LABEL=[label]

Yep. This is in bugzilla. I forgot to mention the correction.

Also, the installation notes should point people to e2label, for relabeling the volumes.

Also, it's not clear to me how this works with /dev/md. blkid shows me both the RAID devices and the underlying physical disks. Using e2label on /dev/mdX seems to fixate the label to the /dev/mdX device only, and the underlying disks are not touched, so I'm guessing that this would work, right?

This was tested and there was some confirmations in fedora-test list I think.

Rahul