Re: F7 + QEmu + virt-manager

On 03/06/07, Alexander Boström <abo@xxxxxx> wrote:
sön 2007-06-03 klockan 01:55 +0100 skrev Jonathan Underwood:

> Unable to open connection to hypervisor 'qemu:///system'
>
> Not the most informative message ever. Any ideas as to what I should
> do to fix this.

It wasn't very obvious, but I found this helped:

/sbin/service libvirtd start

> Also, I notice this:
>
> # /sbin/service qemu status
> qemu binary format handlers are not registered.

Yeah, I guess it's not supposed to do much unless you have
a /usr/qemu-<arch> directory?

Actually, I rebooted (for another reason) and everything magically
worked after that as during the boot process there was a registering
of binary handlers. That probably should've happened at install time -
packaging bug perhaps.