Re: Fedora 7

Paul Smith wrote:
On 6/2/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Looks awesome, works awesome. It's one of the most flawless and simple >> Linux installs I have had in a long time, even with the somewhat unusual
>> setup I have.
>
> You are lucky.
> So am I, so far.
>
> However, no-one knows what proportion of Fedora users
> meet a problem with installation.
>
> It is a serious weakness of Fedora, in my view,
> that there is no proper attempt to get feedback on this issue.
> (Bugzillas are only used by a tiny proportion of users.)

Since this is just guess work what would you consider a "proper" attempt
to get feedback on thousands of packages other than bugzilla,irc or
mailing lists?

At least, people from RedHat could answer questions like "in which
component should I report this bug?"...

Perhaps, RedHat wants to keep people silent regarding the faulty
installation dvd that they have created.

Paul

That seems a little harsh. Just because you have installation problems does not mean RedHat created a faulty DVD. Did you perform the media test prior to installing?

I had an installation problem: the machine wouldn't even read the DVD I burned... I tried a couple of different machines. That DVD is now a coaster, I burned a new DVD and all went well except the upgrade of ClamAV, which I eventually corrected.

I don't know if the ClamAV problem was due to the upgrade to F7, or caused by the upgrade of ClamAV itself from 0.88.7 to 0.90.2