Re: Dual Head

Thomas Cameron wrote:
Richard Ramson wrote:
I'm just installed Fedora7 and tried setting up my dual monitors but it fails. Not sure where to look for answers, however if anyone has any suggestions I'm listening. Hopefully someone knows how to confiugre a dual head monitor manually. :)

I have had much better luck with my dual-head setup running:

X -configure

as root than using system-config-display. X -configure will create a file called xorg.conf.new in /root, and you can test it by running the command:

X -config /root/xorg.conf.new

to make sure that both monitors come up. Now in my case, I have two separate video cards. Not sure how it will do with one card with multiple out.

TC

Like Thomas, X -configure worked a lot better for dual head for me also. System-config-display was not very good as it only got 800x600 for one of the heads. X -configure allowed the higher resolution though it picked the nouveau driver which did not work. I had to edit it to nv which worked.

Jim