Re: bcm43xx_mac80211: YOUR FIRMWARE IS TOO OLD.

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Patrick wrote:

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 06:27 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
bcm43xx_mac80211: YOUR FIRMWARE IS TOO OLD. Firmware from binary drivers
older than version 4.x is unsupported. You must upgrade your firmware files

 Anyone know where to find new firmware for 64-bit?

Have you looked at http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/
Alternatively you can get tha latest winxp 64bit drivers, extract the
proper files and try those.

And here begins the problem...

Depending on your chipset revision, you may or may not be able to load the 4.x firmware. I have a bcm4306 revision 2 that will not. I have to use the old driver. (And getting it to work is a pain in the ass under F7.)

I need to test the current version to see if the PCI ids are still mangled for that chipset.

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct