Re: FC7 on small system

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:

According to the release notes you are right on the border if your
really mean 128M RAM.

In my experience, Fedora developers (and probably other developers too)
never actually test their minimal requirements.

Can you elaborate on that experience?

I think they just look in their hearts and guess what is required.

I've frequently found that a distribution works perfectly well
on a system below the stated minimal requirements.

The "minimal" requirements are for the default set of packages. Of course if you install fluxbox or something you can get away with far less RAM.

Rahul