Re: Installation of Fedora 7 no go

Antonio Olivares wrote:
Dear all,

   I have been trying to install Fedora 7 on an older
machine AMD-1800XP, 512MB Ram and it has not worked. Media check passes and I get a bug message from
anaconda.  The machine worked with FC3 and kernel
parameter acpi=ht, because it did not shutdown
properly. Here I will attach the anaconda message

<snip>

Hi Antonio,

Do you have some information on at which point this happened?
Otherwise us non-programmer mortals won't be able to help.

For example, was it during the partitioning bit of Anaconda?
If so, what was your drive layout and what were you doing?

P.S. I also had a crash and was able to solve it. Check the thread "Weird disk problem" (I later added " [solved]".

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)