Re: leftover fc6 rpms after fedora 7 upgrade

On 01/06/07, Rick Stevens wrote:

> Will these packages be in the F7 directories on the mirrors?

Yes.

>  Or if we
> want to find these packages do we have to look at FC6 packages?

No, not the fc6 repositories.

That's not clear from the release notes, but I suspect they'll be in
the F7 repositories--copied over from the FC6 repos.  If they do rebuild
them, then they'll probably get the ".f7" (or is it ".fc7") tag and the
issue will be moot.  That's only an educated guess, by the way.

At the beginning of a Fedora development cycle, the repository starts
with copies of all the packages from the previous distribution
release. F7 started with copies from FC6, later merged with FE6.