Re: F7 Network installation failure

It is confusing. As far as I know and see ;-) it downloads 3 img files
from this mirror right before it starts anaconda. :-(

On 5/31/07, Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/31/07, Jan Welker <jan.welker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I already tried this. Still the same.
>
> On 5/31/07, Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 5/31/07, Jan Welker <jan@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I don't have a DVD-R so I tried to install F7 via the network
> > > installation on my Mac Mini G4.
> > > The iso booted successfully. After I entered the ftp server and it's
> > > path it started anaconda just fine. After I did the partitioning the
> > > installer tried to download the installation packages that it can't
> > > find and aborted. I switched to tty3 to see the log and saw this:
> > >
> > > 19:05:40 WARNING Try 10/10 for
> > > ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/%2F/pub/linux/fedora-enchilada/linux/releases/7/ppc/os/Fedora/hunspell-1.1.5-2.fc7.ppc.rpm
> > > failed
> > >
> > > I see what the problem is. There is a "/%2F" behind the ftp server.
> > > Does any body know how to fix this?
> > >
> > > cheers, Jan
> >
> > Don't add the slash in back of ".de" or in front of the "F" when you
> > enter the server info.

Have you tried navigating to that URL using your browser? I tried the
URL with the "/%2F" removed and it still has an error.  The correct
URL should be
ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/fedora-enchilada/linux/releases/7/Fedora/ppc/os/.

Correct the URL or use another mirror, one with a more simplified
directory structure.