Re: Evolution and port problems

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 16:28 -0700, Les wrote:
>     My ISP (AT&T) wants me to change the ports for smtp and pop3.  I
> remember setting them somewhere, but not where I did it.  Now I need to
> change them and can't find it.  Google returned some links that said
> something about tools/settings, but I cannot find that directory.  Thus
> I am in a bad place right now.  Anyone got a link or help?
>
> Regards,
> Les H

Hey Les,

I did that a week or so ago as AT&T did that to me too on the East
Coast.  But, what they are really asking you to do is to use SSL
encryption.  There is setting for that Evolution....  Here's what I did:

Edit-Preferences
Mail Accounts
Highlight my AT&T account, choose Edit
Receiving Email Tab - under Security - SSL Encryption
Sending Email Tab - under Security - SSL Encryption

Seems to still be working and I am getting that mail from that account.
The port values are a function of having turned on Encryption, though
they do not appear to be "exposed/visible" on screen....

HTH,

--Rob