Re: [Fedora] Re: udev/hotplug?

Thank you Phil for the explanation. My problem is that it's causing problems on one of my servers. For one, when rebooting the server, it often hangs at the 'Starting udev' line. I have to reboot it a time or two before it comes up. Then, while booting, it will give me another error message, about 'udev_run_hotplugd' having exited abnormally - this error is also sporadic.

So, I'm trying to systematically eliminate things one by one to see if I can get to the bottom of the problem. So I'm stuck at udev now... Not sure if I should just wipe the damned thing clean and re-install everything from scratch or what...

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130