Re: kalarmd autostart - WAS: How is trackerd started?

Frank Cox wrote:
On Wed, 30 May 2007 00:08:33 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Look in /usr/share/autostart/trackerd.desktop

Say, now that's most interesting!

I was trying to figure out how to get kalarm to autostart every time I log into
my computer, without success.  Saving my session and everything else that I
tried doesn't seem to work with kalarm.  I ended up having to remember to click
the kalarm icon every time I log in or my alarms don't work. (This is with the
standard Gnome desktop.)

I just looked in /usr/share/autostart, and found kalarmd.autostart.desktop
(which I didn't realize existed until right now).

I see that the second-last line of that file is this:

X-KDE-autostart-condition=kalarmdrc:General:Autostart:false

If this means what I hope it means, then if I change the false to true will
that mean that kalarmd will start every time I log into my desktop with no
further action required on my part?

I just noticed that you are using GNOME. The above link is for KDE. You need the following:

X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true

Rahul