Re: network profiles - do they work for you? they are broken for me!

On 5/25/07, Chuck Anderson <cra@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 05:35:14PM +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On 5/25/07, John DeDourek <dedourek@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >Valent Turkovic wrote:
> >> Can you please look at my youtube video and then respond if I use
> >> system-config-network how it is not supposed to be used or if
> >> system-config-network is broken?
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoy9k5euZRQ

Nice.  You have discovered the horrible UI design mistake in
s-c-network.  You need to copy the "Device", and check the checkbox
in the left column for each profile you want to have that "Device".
In this case "Device" isn't the hardware device "eth0" but really a
template for a hardware device.  So you need to create two "templates"
or "Devices" e.g.:

Device: eth0Home
Device: eth0Work

and set those up.

Then for each "Profile" enable only one of the two "Device"s:

Profile "Home" has the "Profile" column checked for "Device"
"eth0Home".

Profile "Work" has the "Profile" column checked for "Device"
"eth0Work".