Re: Laser printers hints

2007/5/27, Carlos Alberto Alves <drcaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

fredex wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 07:20:12PM +0200, antonio montagnani wrote:
>> 2007/5/27, Carlos Alberto Alves <drcaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Does anybody have experience with Samsung ML-2010 or HP 1018 under FC6?
>>> Problems with printer setup??? Problems with Samsung linux driver???
>
> I have no experience with either of those printers. Have you looked in
> the linux printing database at http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting?
>
> but in case you're still deciding which printer to buy, I can suggest
> another low-cost laser printer that works perfectly for me (I'm currently
> running Centos 4.4, not Fedora, but if it works on Centos 4.4 I'd think
> it would likewise work well on a recent Fedora).
>
> I purhcased a Brother HL2070-N back at Christmas time. Plugged it in and
> voila! A box popped up saying "you've plugged in a brother HL2070 printer,
> would you like to configure it now?", I configured it, and it's just been
> working. Brother has open source drivers for it, which I had downloaded
> beforehand, but didn't need 'em. Just choose the HL-2060 printer type
> and the HL-1250 driver and then set your resolution and other config
> choices, and you're done.
>
> Fred
>
>>> TIA,
>>> --
>>> --
>>>
>> you mean the driver supplied by Samsung on the boxed CD??
>> They do not work for me on a ML-1610 laser jet
>> --
>> Antonio Montagnani
>> Skype : antoniomontag

Yes I was talking about that driver. What have you done to set up your
printer???
* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Child Neurologist                          *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                *
* mailto:drcaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             *

I installed driver from Fedora standard driver database for ML-1610 in
system-printer-config.
Anyway the splix driver cannot be used at least with my printer,
message says that some error is present in driver database.
In the past when ML-1610 was not present in the list, I chose a
similar printer from Samsung list....check the available printer list
in cups.

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag