Re: postfix problem with talktalk?

Tim:

On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 12:06 +0100, Paul Ward wrote:
> Hi yeah I did that and it cam back at teh time and it came back with a
> response as follows:
>
> [root@server ~]# nslookup googlemail.com
> ;; reply from unexpected source: 192.168.1.1#2048 , expected
> 192.168.1.1#53
> Server:         192.168.1.1
> Address:        192.168.1.1#53
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name:   googlemail.com
> Address: 66.249.91.83

The different port answering *can* be a problem for some firewalls, but
otherwise that's okay.

> As for google mail accepting mail from root they do, I use it all the
> time on my server, good for denyhosts ;)

Hmm, interesting that they do.  Most don't accept bogus domains, it
helps cut down on spam.  But, on your system that isn't working, now,
are you sending via the same SMTP server?  It's not just the end
recipient that *might* refuse fake domains, it's all the SMTP servers it
goes through.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.