mail forwarding problem

I wanted to have the logwatch cron results mailed to me instead of root
so I edited /etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf to add this line:

MailTo=SBlackwell

Just for a sanity check
$ whoami
SBlackwell
$ uname -n
mylocalmachine

<not really but just to show I checked that it matches the mail message>

but root keeps getting returned mail saying

<snip>

sblackwell
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 <sblackwell@mylocalmachine>... User unknown)
    (expanded from: sblackwell)

<snip>

The thing that stikes me is that my user name got changed from
SBlackwell in the conf file to sblackwell in the mail message.

Anybody else seeing this? Any comments?

Steve