Re: thunderbird empty trash

François Patte wrote:

Robin Laing a écrit :
Akemi Yagi wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2007 16:51:24 +0200, François Patte wrote:

Bonjour,

It is impossible to empty my trash in tb: I have recently cleaned my
mailbox, putting into the trash somme directories, and now it is
impossible to suppress these directories from the trash! I click on
"empty
this trash now" and the trash seems to have been emptied, but the next
time I call tb, the directories are still there!!!!

how can I proceed to get rid of these?

My mail box is configured with imap. There is nothing in the trash on
the
server, but something has been written localy in the .thunderbird
directory which is not suppressed when I empty the trash...
Not sure if this helps at all but won't hurt.  Right click Inbox and
select Compact This Folder.  This will delete all the "deleted" files
from
your Inbox.

Akemi

Another method if this doesn't work.

Close TB and delete the Trash and Trash.msf files in the
~/.thunderbird/{default}/Mail/{mailhost}/ directory.

I have done that in the past when I had a similar problem.

Nothing is working! At new start TB displays always the same trash with
the same contents...

Something is written somewhere and we do not know where...

After you empty the trash, what are the file sizes of the Trash files?

 > ls -l ~/.thunderbird/{default}/Mail/{mailhost}/Trash*

I empty my Trash files and I get
-rw------- 1 xxxxxx xxxxx    0 May 25 09:29 Trash
-rw-r--r-- 1 xxxxxx xxxxx 1670 May 25 09:29 Trash.msf

Check the file permissions as well.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.