Re: harddrive error message in fedora6

ann kok wrote:
Hi all

I tried different good harddrives and also get this
error message from dmesg

What is the problem?

hda: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete
Error }
hda: drive_cmd: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
ide: failed opcode was: 0xb0

Is /dev/hda the hard drive on your machine? If so then somethings badly wrong with the drive or the controller. However I get errors like that on boot from our server, but they're from the cdrom drive and only occur if there's no disk in the drive. In our case they're completely harmless.

Simon.