Re: [Fedora] Re: bind lame servers

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
You should not allow recursive queries from outside of your network.
Hrm, not sure what you're referring to ... yet. Looks like I'll be delving back into some of my bind books to figure this 'recursive' thing out. Looking back, the requests were coming in by the hundreds, from several dozen IPs. And they're all hitting ONE of the 5 DNS servers we have. Not even the secondary (to that one), just that one single machine. Odd. Oh well. It's gone away now that I've got them firewalled out. Until they take over another network and start up again... Can't even begin to wonder why they're querying DNS servers like that...

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130