Re: FC6 shutdown launcher missing

Beartooth wrote:
One of my FC6 machines lacks the shutdown launcher I always add to the panel, and it isn't listed (immediately nor through the full menu) anywhere among the things you can add to the panel. "Yum whatprovides" has not found it for me. Neither has pirut. How can I get it back? Having to become root and command "shutdown -h now" is a tedious drag -- and worse, if I happen to be trying to get it done while my UPS staves off a power failure.

There should be a choice in the add to panel for the shutdown panel icon. I am running rawhide and it is between "Show Desktop" and "sticky notes.

As Andreas mentioned, adding a launcher with the poweroff and then dragging it to the panel should work as well. poweroff does not require you logging in as root.

Jim

--
When in doubt, do what the President does -- guess.