Re: webcams, again

Scott van Looy wrote:
Today Bob Goodwin - W2BOD did spake thusly:

Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> Does anyone out there have the Logitech STX Communicate webcam working
> with FC6?  And, if so, what was required besides plugging it in?
No. But  you should need gspcav1 kernel module:

http://atrpms.net/dist/fc6/gspca/

Install and load the module (or reboot).

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ

camE
can't load font arial/8
can't load font arial/8
can't load offline image /home/gilbertt/.block.jpg, ignoring

^^^ this is irrelevant, simply config issues with camE

open /dev/video0: No such file or directory

^^^ this would imply that either your camera isn't supported by the kernel module or the module isn't loaded...or for some bizarre reason it's on video1 or something.

Can you verify that the kernel module is loaded?
Should it show when I do lsmod?

That produces a long list but nothing I recognize as related to this.

BobG