Re: scons for fc5 question

Tony Nelson wrote:
At 1:46 PM -0500 5/21/07, Tom Poe wrote:
Tony Nelson wrote:
At 12:48 PM -0500 5/21/07, Tom Poe wrote:

Phil Meyer wrote:

Tom Poe wrote:

Has anyone used scons as build tool on fc5?  I want to install the
frei0r plugins for video editing on openmovieeditor, and could use
any tips, pointers. Tom

Yes.

# yum install scons scons-devel

Worked like a champ for the apps I built.

You raised a good point.  When I run yum search *scons* on FC5, there is
no scons-devel.

Try:

    yum search "*scons*"

Tony:  Thanks for the tip.  No luck.

Well, duh, of course.  If I had been paying attention:

    yum search scons

will look for the string "scons" even inside a word in the descriptive text, or

    yum list "*scons*"

will look for "scons" anywhere in a package name.  But indeed, there isn't
an scons-devel package in FC5 or FC6.
Tony: Thanks for checking. Whatever was going on, when I went to the directory that contained the SConstruct script, and typed $ scons, it worked. The openmovieeditor now has effects available to it, and we're off and running. I can run a command which combines a folder with images and sound file into a movie, open it in openmovieeditor and add effects and subtitles, and create video podcasts pretty easily. It's not cinelerra, but it sure is handy.
Tom
begin:vcard
fn:Tom  Poe
n:Poe;Tom
org:Open Studios
adr:;;1315 Cleveland Avenue;Charles City;Iowa;50616;USA
email;internet:tompoe@xxxxxxxx
tel;home:1-641-228-3271
note:Registered with jajah.com for free global VoIP calls.  Register and call me.  :)
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/
version:2.1
end:vcard