Re: Where Fedora Went Wrong (nice conclusion)

Anthony J Placilla wrote:

Gene Heskett wrote:

On Saturday 19 May 2007, Anne Wilson wrote:

[snip, and hope I got attributions correct]

TANSTAAFL

What the blue blazes does that mean?

Anne

Oh, my. Sad, even shocking my dear Anne. You just gave yourself away as being someone who has never read one of sci-fi's more famous authors, one Robert A. Heinlein, now deceased, who was rather fond of the expression, but I think he borrowed in from Ernest Hemingway back in the dim mists of time now.

What it stands for is the first letter of each word in "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

Wonkipedia seems to indicate the original attribution (albeit not
exactly as RAH wrote it) to Leonard P. Ayres

Nice addition, but his conclusion still stands! Unfortunately,
the Fed.Govt. of these U.S.A still doesn't understand the principle.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.