Re: yum dis-upgrade from FC4 to FC6?

Deboo ^ wrote:
A friend somehow configured yum for me and it's working but extremely
slow. What I did not like of yum is that for any command, it takes
long and goes and checks on the site for something I don't know what.
Can't it use a cache like apt?

Also is it possible to do a dist-uppgrade from FC4 to FC6 like the
dist-upgrade in Debian? Or do I need to install from scratch, FC6?

Try smart and see if you like that better. Would not suggest upgrade like that, nosiree. You might as well wait and install FC7 from scratch. Ric