Re: Having an Evolution and Mail notification Problem?

Thanks Ric;

That makes me feel a bit better.

----- Original Message ----
From: Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 12:04:38 AM
Subject: Re: Having an Evolution and Mail notification Problem?
[snip]
--
Bill, I went ballistic and proceeded to rant to the list over Evolution
doing the exact same thing to me. So, I went to Gmail and went into the
tech support list and found dozens and dozens of emails over the same
thing. Turned out it was gmails fault, their servers became broken
probably with an upgrade of Windows <patooie!> and it stayed borked for
days. You just might look into that angle and see if they are
experiencing downtime. The worst was that gmail never posted publicly
that they were down. If I had been paying for that service, then I would
have gotten all morally indignant.
__

Ric, I did the same thing.  However, I went to rogers.com tech support.  Rogers.com is my local cable and a major Canadian communtications company and my ISP which provides  Yahoo! services with its name on it.  I double checked by trying the same thing in WindowsXP and Outlook.  Rogers admits that the problem is at their end.

But it really makes me wonder when a companies the size of Rogers, Yahoo and google (gmail) all have the same problem with client email applications.