Re: Checkbox for "Install Everything"

At 08:03 PM 5/20/2007, Les wrote:

<LH>>>>>What woudl you define as "Everything", and what mechanisms would you recommend for the rest of us?<<<<<

Personally I'd define "everything" as, well, everything ... and not "everything that someone else decided I might need".

I really don't mind taking up the disk space. Disk space is cheap as I am reminded every Sunday when the sale flyers from CompUSA, Staples, and Circuit City come out.

I don't care that there will be several gigabytes of things there I'll never use. I'd much rather do that than run into some obscure inability to install or run something because something else is missing.

There ought to be a way to do that without having to concede that conflicts are inevitable. Otherwise, how is Linux ever going to truly break into the mainstream?

Eric Poole
Burgoyne, Nolet & Poole, Inc.
www.bnpconsulting.com