Wine and security

For no good reason other than curiosity, I installed wine today and then
loaded an old Windows program from the 98SE era. Kinda neat. Installing wine
required that I become root, of course, but I was able to install the Windows
program as a user. Given the emphasis on security in Linux -- and
particularly in Fedora -- I was amazed. FWIW, the program in question does
not access the network, and I have SELinux disabled. Still...

-- cmg