Re: "mirrors.fedoraproject.org" internal error ??

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 09:02:44AM +0100, Casey Stamper wrote:
> Yan Li wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Server is done??
> >
> >http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=extras-6&arch=i386
> >
> >Error message:
> >Internal Server Error
> >The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
> >unable to complete your request.
> >

> Was having that problem this morning. Had to edit my config files to
> reflect the exact filename on the server since the variable query seems
> to break on the server. Instead of using:
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=extras-6&arch=i386
> I used something like:
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/core-6-US-i386.txt
>
> I'm not sure what's going on w/the mirror but that fixed my problem
> until the server responds correctly. You can look at the files in a
> browser - just drop the qualifying stuff off the backend
> (http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/).

My apologies for the troubles mirrors.fp.o was having earlier in the
week.  I think we've got them worked out now, but in the switch to
using mirrormanager to handle those, we encountered some
previously-unseen issues.  Of course, the crashes tend to happen
whilst I'm asleep...

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=extras-6&arch=i386
and similar should work fine now.  The lines like:
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/core-6-US-i386.txt do also work in
pinch.  They yield similar, but not necessarily the same, results.
The text files can't do client IP netblock lookups (e.g. direct you to
a mirror run by your ISP, University, or company), and they don't
provide the global list if your country doesn't have a local mirror or
if there are too-few mirrors in your country.

Please direct feedback about using anything on
mirrors.fedoraproject.org to the fedora-infrastructure-list.

Thanks,
Matt
Fedora Mirror Wrangler

--