Re: opening firewall ports on the command line with Fedora'; s firewall

On 2007-05-17, 16:37 GMT, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> What I like to do is maintain a creation script to do the
> initial setup and then use the service commands to save the
> configuration where Fedora normally does.

Do you see that

service iptables save

in the end of my script? That's the way how Fedora saves the
settings. You can see the current tables (before and after
running my script) with the command

/sbin/iptables -v -L

The original Red Hat firewall contains custom chain (that's
something like procedures in the programming languages) which is
good, but IMHO not required for the simple script like what is
needed by both of us.

Best,

Matej