Re: Fedora and Qwest

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2007 12:03:00 -0800
> Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> By the way, your client will need to access the modem in order to
>> enter the static IP.
>
> He already has it, somehow.  The proper IP address (i.e. the one that they told
> him they would assign when he was setting up the account) shows as his IP
> address using ipconfig on his Windows XP machine.

Static means non changing, right?

In your first post you mentioned.....

IP Address is what he was assigned by Qwest, good.
Subnet 255.255.255.0, good.
Gateway 192.168.0.1 ---- ?!?!?!

But you haven't told us the IP Address assigned by Quest.

I don't know about others here....but I have a hard time putting my head
around network issues when all the information is not given.

ipconfig /all    would be a good thing to post.  IP addresses are not sacred
and once online anyone with half a brain could figure it out.  Like
142.165.59.200.