Re: Where Fedora Went Wrong (nice conclusion)

On Tuesday 15 May 2007, Les wrote:
>On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 14:09 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >I have to agree too.
>> >
>> >Like I said in reply to Gene's posting about three hours ago, I'm
>> >annoyed that something that was functioning perfectly (on FC5) a few
>> >days ago is now screwed up and not working. To the extent that this
>> >morning I've wiped Fedora from the hard drive of the office computer
>> >and installed Dapper Drake. After running the updates and setting the
>> >screen resolution, when I plug a flash drive into a USB socket it
>> >mounts it and puts an icon to the drive on the desktop i.e. it "just
>> >works" like FC5 used to but now does not. As the blog says this must
>> >be down to a lack of attention to detail and not properly testing
>> >updates before they are sent out i.e. human error.
>> >
>> >I doubt whether fixing things like this will now be receiving much
>> >priority with the F7 release being imminent, which is a shame. IMHO
>> >there is nothing wrong with using a fast moving distribution like
>> >Fedora, but when a version is getting towards the end of its life it
>> >should be left alone in a fully working state that we can continue to
>> >use until ready to upgrade.
>> >
>> >Dave F
>>
>> I have to violently agree with these thoughts Dave.  I've questioned if
>> this is not some tactic to get us to upgrade by destroying the install we
>> are currently running, just so they have a freshly minted test laboratory
>> again.
>>
>> Maybe that's being paranoid, but the facts certainly suggest it to anyone
>> with a 3 digit IQ.
>
>Darn, No wonder I don't understand ;-)
>
>Regards,
>Les H

Another point, obvious to the watcher but largely unspoken Les, simply because
its assumed by most of us.

So let me state it:  There probably isn't anybody on this list with less than
a 3 digit IQ, for the simple reason that, generally speaking 2 digit IQ's are
going to be either computer illiterate, or M$ sheeple.  From watching this
list for the last 5 or 6 years, there have been quite a few messages posted
here that indicate that not only did the poster have a 3 digit IQ, the first
digit wasn't a 1, and sometimes I get the feeling its at least a 3, or more.

All are 'potential' Mensa members.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)