Order of 'wpa_supplicant' and 'network' boot-up scripts

Hi,
I want to configure wireless lan WITHOUT network-manager (it's a
machine that's always in the same network and I want networking to be
enabled at boot-time, not just only after log-in).
I use Fedora 7 test.
I've configured /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf to reflect my
SSID, passphrase etc and enabled the 'wpa_supplicant'-service in
system-config-services.
But when I monitor the boot-process, I see networking being started
before wpa_supplicant. It tries to get an IP-address and fails. About
ten scripts later wpa_supplicant is started.
After booting, no network is available. I have to manually commit a
'/sbin/service network restart', then it works.
Wouldn't it be necessary to start wpa_supplicant BEFORE networking?
How can I change the order of boot-up scripts? (If some developer
reads this, shouldn't you change the default behaviour?)
Kind regards,
Ernst from Austria