Re: HELP: system-config-netboot

clemens@xxxxxxx wrote:
I am trying to use system-config-netboot to setup a diskless
client, and just after setting up the NFS stuff, it comes up with an error box that says

    Could not find kernel None/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.20

now vmlinuz-2.6.20 *is* the kernel Ive told it to use, and it
is in /diskless/i386/fedora6/root/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.20, so I dont
understand this 'None' reference or what it wants.

HAS SOMEONE DONE THIS BEFORE, and what is
it asking for?

I cant get any further till I make it happy at this error.

I believe that 'None' refers to the client name.
Each client will reference its own 'root' directory, so it is asking you for some client info as well as server info.

So if your client root area is:
   /export/clients
Then it wants:
   /export/clients/buffy/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.20
to exist.  (assuming a client name of buffy)

Its been a while since I did diskless clients, so I cannot speak to the specific tool, but the principle is the same.