firefox CLI new window

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to open a new firefox window
when you already have one instance of the window already open.

For example, I may have a firefox window already open in Gnome window 1.
I then move to Gnome window 2, open a terminal window and type:

firefox `pwd`/fav_html_file.html

to open a desired html file.

However, firefox does not open a "new" window. It just opens a new "tab"
in the original Gnome window 1 instance of firefox.

I was wondering if anyone would know how to force firefox to open a new
instance of itself (i.e. a new firefox window) in the current Gnome
window.

Thanks for your help.

All the best.

Cheers,