Re: gaming notebook recommendations?

Srikanth Konjarla wrote:
Perhaps little off topic but i am curious to know what kind of 3D games
you plan to play on Linux natively?

Srikanth

Neal Becker wrote:
I'm looking for suggestions for a fedora-friendly gaming notebook.

I'd like:
* 3d graphics (beryl support)
* 17" with some decent resolution (> 1280x1024)
* 64bit
* wireless that actually works
* 7200rpm sata

I intend to run fc7.

So far, I found dell xps series that looks pretty good.

Question: I know if I go with nvidia option I can have decent 3d, but need
to use proprietary driver.  The other option is intel graphics.  Anyone
know if this works well on Fedora, and if beryl works on this?

Price is pretty high.  Any other suggestions?

http://www.linux-gamers.net/

Native:

Doom 3
Quake 4
Never Winter Nights
Savage
UT2004
ysflight
PlaneShift
Tribal Trouble
Nexuiz
Coldwar
Armyops
Enemy Territory
Alien Arena 2006
Darwinia

Those are all pretty old now, but those are the ones I played, and there are many others.

I stopped spending big money (over $3,000.00 every two years) on gaming PCs, since my game machine runs Linux natively. :)

(PS3)

There are really lots of good games for Linux, and still lots that run under wine, and lots that work great with Cedega.

I used to run City of Heroes and City of Villains under Cedega just fine.

Does your favorite PC game run on Linux? Probably not. So will you change favorites, or dual boot?

I dual boot my game machine OS with Linux, also. But my game machine OS is not MS. :)

Good Luck!