Re: How to rename a lvm volume group

Jason L Tibbitts III skrev:
"ML" == Markus Lindholm <markus.lindholm@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

ML> Any advice?

My understanding is that it is pretty close to impossible to do this,
at least using the supplied utilities.  I suppose it's possible
somehow, but I've no idea how.

I'd really love to be proven wrong.

 - J<

I have a related problem, and got a tip from someone about SystemRescueCD, which is a specialized 'distro' with tools to help you fix things. It has LVM tools also, so maybe you could use that?

I haven't tried it myself yet, but someone might know how to utilize it?

http://www.sysresccd.org/

Frode