How to rename a lvm volume group

Hi

I have a sata disk that I've connected to my FC6 box over usb that I
try to get some data from. It's the root disk from an other FC6 box
and problem is that both this external disk and my own root disk have
lvm volume group named VolGroup00 (fedora default I guess) and the one
from my root disk is shadowing the one from the external disk. This is
what vgdisplay displays

--- Volume group ---
 VG Name               VolGroup00
 System ID
 Format                lvm2
 Metadata Areas        1
 Metadata Sequence No  3
 VG Access             read/write
 VG Status             resizable
 MAX LV                0
 Cur LV                2
 Open LV               2
 Max PV                0
 Cur PV                1
 Act PV                1
 VG Size               38.16 GB
 PE Size               32.00 MB
 Total PE              1221
 Alloc PE / Size       1220 / 38.12 GB
 Free  PE / Size       1 / 32.00 MB
 VG UUID               gD5d1N-Fg6p-XDdH-Fvs3-Lalo-8P1a-BSgTrh

 --- Volume group ---
 VG Name               VolGroup00
 System ID
 Format                lvm2
 Metadata Areas        1
 Metadata Sequence No  3
 VG Access             read/write
 VG Status             resizable
 MAX LV                0
 Cur LV                2
 Open LV               2
 Max PV                0
 Cur PV                1
 Act PV                1
 VG Size               34.34 GB
 PE Size               32.00 MB
 Total PE              1099
 Alloc PE / Size       1098 / 34.31 GB
 Free  PE / Size       1 / 32.00 MB
 VG UUID               UcggGT-VQP0-8CBZ-ejHL-uQEX-JcXt-ubXTSy

I've looked at vgrename, but it seems to lack proper parameters to
rename based on UUID.

Any advice?