Re: Moving "/" what are the chances of this working?

On 14/05/07, Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
GNU parted can extend ext2 and ext3 partitions (among others).  So you
could expand the current root partition to use the 10GB one after it.

As an aside, note that gparted is only a "yum install gparted" away,
and is a gui front end to these utilities.

But perhaps you're using LVM.  I don't think that parted can handle
that (might be worth checking though, I haven't looked in a while).

http://www.redhat.com/magazine/009jul05/features/lvm2/

is a good intro.