Re: Web Development

Dave Cross wrote:
On 5/11/07, Oliver Ruebenacker <curoli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear friends,

I am looking for a web development tool in Fedora. Until now, I have
been using the Perl Template Toolkit, and I am wondering if there is
something similarly powerful but more convenient.

Particularly, what I like about PTT is that I can change a template
and then re-generate all pages based on that template to reflect the
change (other tools I know of have some sort of templates, but do not
support such updates).

Plus, I like automatic creation of sitemaps, navigation menus and
display of data extracted from files.

I WYSIWYG would be nice if it creates clean and not to complicated
code (so that it is still conveniently human-readable).

Oliver,

I'm not sure what you mean by asking for something "more convenient".
Do you realise that the Template Toolkit is pre-packaged for Fedora.
It's in the Extras repository, so installing it is as simple as:

 # yum install perl-Template--Toolkit

It's also worth pointing out that there's a mailing list dedicated to
discussing TT at: