Re: How do I pair a bluetooth device graphically from the GNOME desktop?

On 14/05/07, Rogue <roguexz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Gilboa,

Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 21:09 +0530, Rogue wrote:
>
>> Hi Gilboa,
>> I have bluetooth-applet version 0.6 installed. I do not see a way to
>> initiate a pairing between my bluetooth headset and the laptop. Are you
>> talking about a feature in a newer version of the applet? If so, what is
>> the version number and is it available in the testing repositories?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Rogue
>>

> Rogue,
>
> I don't remember how to initiate a bluetooth pairing from gnome-applet,
> but in-order to do the reverse:
> - Start the bluetooth-applet
> - Right click on the bluetooth icon, select "Preferences".
> - Switch to "visible and connectible".
>
> Your handset should now be able to see, and pair with your computer.

The idea is that I am trying to pair my bluetooth headset. In which
case, I need to initiate the connection from the laptop. I am aware
about the other way around. My point is, if there is a UI available for
doing such pairing. I would like to know if it is possible to invoke it
through the command line directly. I understand that there is no UI /
application available right now for doing it. Just wondering why.

later,
Rogue
> - Gilboa

I think what Rogue wants is how to discover bluetooth devices using his laptop.