Re: ms powerpoint presentation -> html

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 02:14:14PM -0400, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> On 5/11/07, Strong <strong_yethumble@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I have a an ms powerpoint presentation and need to generate an html
> >page from it. How I can easily / best do it in my FC6? I know html.
>
> Open it in OpenOffice.
> "Export" it into html.
> I found the images exported a bit too small with a bit too much
> compression. I am not sure where to adjust that though.

One of the nice things about OOo is that the file format is a
collection of XML and open standard graphics files compressed with
zip. So import the presentation, then save it in native format. Close
the OOo window on it. Uncompress it to its own directory. Use the
graphics program of your choice to twiddle the graphics. Recompress
the whole thing. Then open the file again in OOo, and export as HTML.