Re: Intel Pro Wireless 3945

Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>   Could my inability to connect to wireless networks be caused by a
>  failure of wpa_supplicant?
>
>   This is what wpa_supplicant says when I try to start it:
>
>  wpa_supplicant failed. The error was: Stopping wpa_supplicant: [FAILED]
>
>  Starting wpa_supplicant: ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: No such device
>  ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: No such device
>  ioctl[SIOCGIFFLAGS]: No such device
>  ioctl[SIOCGIWRANGE]: No such device
>  ioctl[SIOCGIFINDEX]: No such device
>  ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: No such device
>  ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: No such device
>  ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: No such device
>  ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: No such device
>  ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: No such device
>  ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: No such device
>  ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: No such device
>  ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: No such device
>  /bin/bash: line 1: 32665 Segmentation fault      wpa_supplicant -c
>  /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -iwlan0 -Dndiswrapper -B
>  [FAILED]

It looks like there might be some error in the config with the device
setting?

I'm using NetworkManager here, and the wpa_supplicant service is
disabled (via chkconfig).  NM handles starting it when needed.  I
connect to my home network using WPA2 and it's worked wonderfully for
a long time.

Are you using NM or the older network service (and
system-config-network)?

A budget is just a method of worrying before you spend money, as well
as afterward.