Re: Can someone give me a really WORKING yum.conf?

Deboo ^ wrote:
How do I know what yum is really doing? Is there a way to fidn out?

Regards,
Deboo

You might search for information regarding enabling a proxy when using the CLI. There was discussion a long time ago about the command but I did not personally need it. There still should be information regarding the commands needed for the proxy.

Regarding Yum, It works automatically to some extent with the /etc/yum.repos.d/repository.repo files being installed mostly through rpm.

You might be limited by not having the needed packages on your system since you said you do not have X installed. You might not have an important program with only having a command line setup.

Jim

--
That government is best which governs least.
		-- Henry David Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience"