Re: fc7 test4 to F7 General Availability.

On Wednesday, May 09, 2007 4:30 pm Kam Leo wrote:
> You will have to manually remove the SUSE configuration tools (YAST,
> SAX, etc.) and any other SUSE specific applications/utilities that are
> no longer useful or applicable. Those may not be a major problem.
> Package selection and implementation differences may. For example:
> SUSE uses Sun's java. Fedora uses JPackage.org's. SUSE does not use
> SELinux. Fedora does. Etc. Etc.

Oh, it gets far, far worse than that.  BTW, openSUSE's equivalent to SELinux
is AppArmor.

To make it worse, NONE of the KDE packages in openSUSE match the KDE packages
in Fedora Core, so if you're planning to use KDE, you have to remove the
whole thing and put it back in later.  I believe Xorg is named differently as
well, which will drag in EVERY graphical app as a dependency into the removal
process.

By the time you're done, the system will likely be crippled...