Re: Conflicts in Synce

On 09/05/07, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/05/07, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> In installing synce-serial I'm getting this conflict:
>
> Transaction Check Error:
>   file /usr/bin/synce-serial-chat from install of
> synce-serial-0.9.1-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
> synce-0.9.1-9.fc6

If you mix packages for Fedora 6 and Fedora 7 development, try
upgrading complete sets of packages. All of synce* not just

Will do, thanks. All the FC7 packages I had downloaded as rpms. I'll
remove everything associated with synce, enable fc7, and reinstall
them.

> Please, how can I resolve it? Should install with RPM and the force option?

No. --force also can overwrites files from other packages and cause
"nice" damage that way.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/33/andrews_jessica.html