Re: FC6, USB keyboard, and power button

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
Hi,

I have a USB keyboar which I sometimes plug into my laptop to use. It
is one of those with a power on/off button on it, which is supposed to
power on/off the computer. This button doesn't do anything though.
Pressing it doesn't yield any message in the output of dmesg. Does
anyone have any hints on how to get this button to act as a power
on/off button for my laptop? I am guessing this is a lost cause due to
lack of bios support, but thought I' ask anyway.
Try lineak

http://lineak.sourceforge.net/

LinEAK is a utility designed to enable the use and configuration of those special keys on Internet, Easy Access and Multimedia keyboards in Linux.