Re: Ideas for yum

Ric Moore escribió:
On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 09:00 -0300, Martin Marques wrote:
When I first used yum, FC1, it did lots of things I really didn't like, being the worst the download of all the repo metadata each time yum was executed. Very bad behavior.

At that time I started using smart which was quite promising but now I see it as a real hog. Don't know if it's due to smart, rpm or the rpm meta data structure (XML parsing can be quite resource consuming).
[snip]

Smart package manager has all of those features and runs a LOT faster,
IMHO. You might want to give it a whirl. Ric

I was using smart till 2 days ago. And it's not faster then yum. That's for sure.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA