Re: dump/restore (or "star") and SELinux problems

Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:
dump/restore (or "star") and SELinux problems

Hi folks,

I am trying again. I haven't gotten an answer that works yet and hoping that
people who know more about SELinux and Fedora can see this and suggest
a solution (or at least a way to investigate).

My goal: To be able to reszie a partition (or rearrange filesystems) without
losing any data or meta-data.

<snip>

Kayvan, did you ever look at using resize2fs?  I successfully used this recently on a Redhat AS 5 system (with SELinux.)  I even used the rescue-cd mode of the AS 5 disk.  While I understand that dump and/or star were giving you trouble, and you wanted to migrate the FS to LVM, I think you could have gotten the intended results by using resize2fs.

Peter