Re: GUI for mounting drives?

Thanks for the info.

I did some further research, the feature that I was remembering from
Ubuntu was called "disks-admin". It was in the menu system under
"Disks" and would pop up a little GUI giving all the details of the
disks and their partitions and would allow you to selectively mount
partitions. That was in LTS ... in more recent versions, it is gone
and replaced with every partition existing being mounted by HAL as
soon as you open gparted ... which is a bit overkill.

It looks like it was part of gnome-system-tools ... I will have to do
more digging into what that includes as that particular utility
doesn't seem to exist in the Gnome svn repository anymore ... but
other promisingly named things do.

The reason that I am looking for this is that I want to put together
my own custom LiveCD spin once F7 is out to easily do some basic
system admin/repair/backup/troubleshooting with.

/Mike